The Umatilla County Courthouse is taking precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
We remain open for business via email & phone and most permitting can be processed electronically.
OFFICE VISITS ARE LIMITED & APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED
Department of Land Use Planning
Email applications to:
STAFF IS AVAILABLE MON-FRI, 8AM - 5PM
PLEASE CALL 541-278-6252 FOR ASSISTANCE
Umatilla County Development Code (UCDC)
Planning Department Fee Schedule Please check with the Planning Department for any changes or additional fees.
If you wish to pay by credit/debit, staff will email you a link to the payment portal.
ZP - Zoning Permit Application If the use is permitted outright on the subject property, a zoning permit is required for new construction and additions or after a land use permit application is obtained. Attach the appropriate fee as stated on the form, completed site plan and signatures of ALL property owners.
Design Review Application Development in certain zones such as Light Industrial, Retail Service Commercial, etc. also requires a Design Review application with a zoning permit.
Replacement Dwellings in Resource Zones (EFU & GF Zones). To replace a lawfully established dwelling in the EFU or GF Zone, complete this form to provide proof that it meets the review criteria set forth in UCDC 152.058(F) & 152.082(O).
AG- Farm Agriculture/Equine Building Exemption State law (ORS 455.315) allows exemption from the requirements for a building permit and inspections under the Oregon State Structural Specialty Code for certain agricultural buildings. A landowner must obtain approval and signature from the local planning office to qualify for this type of permit. Farm Exempt structures are only allowed on resource zoned land (EFU & GF) where a bona fide "farm" is being operated. The property must be assessed under the "Farm Deferral" tax program.
LURA - Land Use Request Application complete this form for ALL types of land use applications.
Select the Supplemental Forms below for the specific type of land use application desired.
- CUP - Conditional Use Permit Application for a variety of uses (home occupation, hardship dwelling, etc.) that may have certain conditions of approval applied to the permit.
- LD - Land Division Application for dividing a lot or parcel. There are a number of different types of land divisions: Type I, Subdivision; Type II, Partition of Non-Resource land (residential, industrial, etc.); Type III, Replat; and Type IV, Partition of Resource land (EFU and GF).
- PLA - Property Line Adjustment To modify a boundary line between two parcels.
- LUD - Land Use Decision For dwellings in resources zones, cell towers, utility facilities and other similar uses.
- V - Variance To request a modification from the required standards (setbacks, parcel size, etc.)
- Amendments to County Plan/Development Code and/or Zoning Map For requesting changes in the County's Comprehensive Plan, Development Code and/or Zoning Map.
- Authorization to File Land Use Permit for Land Owner
Additional County Applications
- Notice of Appeal Application complete when appealing a County Planning Commission decision.
- Request for a Public Hearing Application complete when asking for a public hearing during an administrative review of a land use permit application.
- Road Naming Application complete when naming a roadway if required during a land division request.
List of Possible Road Names
Umatilla County Public Health
Submit a Land Use Compatibility Statement (LUCS) to start the review process for construction of a new septic system or repair to a failing system. Approval is also needed if you are reconnecting to an existing system or changing the waste flow by increasing the occupancy of a house or building. Umatilla County Public Health processes onsite septic system permits. Additional forms are available on the Public Health website.
Contact the Health Department at 541-278-6394 for more information about septic installation or repair permits.
State Building Codes Division
Contact the local Building Codes Division at 541-276-7814 for more information about structural permits.