Current Burn Information
A GOOD Burn Day After 10am
Check with your local fire district for further regulations on burning.
BURN LINE: 541-278-6397
Last update: 03/21/2023 05:01AM
If the burn line message or information has not been updated today, please click "Update" or call 541-966-3651
Wildfire Smoke advisories & Air Quality information
https://www.oregonsmoke.org/ is a resource for statewide information on air quality, all smoke advisories that are issued and a map showing any wildfires currently burning in Oregon.
Renew your permit for 2022
Email permit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to pay by credit/debit card, staff will email you a link to our secure payment portal.
Smoke Management & Burn Permits can be processed electronically. A secure payment portal is available to pay remotely with your debit or credit card. Staff is available to answer your questions by phone at 541-278-6252.
Check us out on FACEBOOK
Designated Burn/No Burn Days
The designation of a Burn or No Burn day shall apply to all areas of the county. The following days will automatically constitute No Burn days:
- Air stagnation days. Days that are designated by the National Weather Service.
- Fire Safety Days. Days on which the State Fire Marshall, his designated agent, or the Board of Commissioners has determined burning should be prohibited based on general fire safety conditions.
- Haze reduction days. The following days will be Haze Reduction Days:
- Pendleton Round-Up. Open burning covered by this permit, is prohibited county wide from the Saturday preceding Round-Up through the Sunday following Round-Up.
- National Holidays. Memorial Day weekend (Saturday through Monday). July 4th (Independence Day). Labor Day weekend (Saturday through Monday).
- Other Festivals & Events. For the events listed below, no open burning will be allowed within a radius of three miles of the event site, nor within 5 miles generally upwind of the site.
- Umatilla County Fair & Farm City Pro Rodeo (Hermiston).
- Fort Henrietta Days Celebration (Echo).
- Hermiston Days
- OSU/USDA Experimental Station Research Field Day (Adams).
- Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation events (to be identified and applied for inclusion on a yearly basis).
- Caledonian Games (Athena).
- Muddy-Frogwater Festival (Milton-Freewater).
- Walla Walla County Fair (Walla Walla)
Click here for the Staff Directory
Department of Land Use Planning
216 SE 4th Street, Room 104
Pendleton, OR 97801
Umatilla County Development Code (UCDC)
Planning Commission & Land Use Hearings
Columbia Development Authority (Army Depot)