Umatilla County Economic Development has established the COVID-19 Restaurant Relief Grant for the purpose of providing one-time, short-term financial support to restaurants impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are CARES Act funds that have been passed from the Federal Government to the State of Oregon and now to Umatilla County to help restaurants.
Commissioner Shafer has stated, “The purpose of these grants is to provide some additional relief to restaurants that were forced to cease indoor operations and provide take-out or outdoor seating only during the “Extreme” category ranking period.”
To be eligible, the applicant must be a restaurant business, be headquartered and operating in Umatilla County.
- To be eligible, the applicant must be a restaurant business, be headquartered and operating in Umatilla County.
- $5,000.00 Grants
- Distributed throughout the County proportionately
- Application available November 9, 2021
- Application closes November 29, 2021 9:00 am
- Grant recipients will be selected through lottery drawing
- Checks processed and distributed before the end of the calendar year
- Must be a restaurant business headquartered and operating within Umatilla County
- Employ 25 or fewer Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees
- Must have been in business and operating prior to March 1, 2020
- Only one (1) application per business entity
Non-profit organizations are not eligible.
- Umatilla County’s website: www.umatillacounty.net/grants
- Click on the Restaurant Relief Grant button on the website’s home page
- Complete the application online
- Submit the application online
If you do not have computer access, you may also pick up a paper application at each community’s City Hall and return the completed application to that City Hall by the deadline of November 29, 2021 at 9:00 am.
Lottery will be drawn on November 30, 2021.
Successful grant applicants will be notified via email and be asked to submit a completed W9 form before grant award checks will be sent out via USPS mail.
Any questions can be sent to: email@example.com