Probation is part of the sentence imposed by the Court, which can include a brief incarceration in a county jail. It is a period of community supervision that requires reporting to a Probation Officer who assesses the Risk/Need and Responsivity issues with each individual, determines an appropriate case plan, measures progress related to case plan compliance, as well as monitors payment of fines and restitution, treatment participation, employment and other conditions imposed by the Court. Further, the Probation Officer is there to hold those offenders that he/she supervises. Those who violate the terms of their probation can face structured sanctions/interventions to include; jail, community service, electronic home detention, increased reporting, Day Management, detox, or possible return to court for revocation.


Parole and post-prison supervision are typically community supervision that follows a period of incarceration in a state prison. Post-prison supervision and parole are often used synonymously, but post-prison supervision is the correct term for convictions that have occurred on or after November 1, 1989. In either case, Probation and Parole Officer monitors conditions imposed by the Oregon Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision. One may also be placed on post-prison supervision following revocation of felony probation and a period of incarceration in a local jail.


Persons sentenced to probation report immediately after court to the Community Corrections Department for an intake appointment. If required to serve jail time first, a probationer should report immediately after release, or on Monday at 8am if released on a weekend. Most people will meet with a Probation Officer for an intake appointment on the first day they report. Others, depending on the type of conviction, will be scheduled for intake with the appropriate supervising officer with a date to follow. Those who live out of state are seen the same day or the following day. An intake lasts approximately an hour and includes a review of the general conditions of probation and the laws about gun ownership and possession. In some instances, it also includes an assessment of treatment needs. If one is being transferred to another county, he/she is given reporting instructions for that county.

If it becomes necessary to reschedule an intake appointment, one should call the Department’s main number (541-276-7824) for a new appointment.


All persons on supervision with Community Corrections are charged a monthly supervision fee.  This amount in Umatilla County is $35.00 per month.  Other fees that are charged include; Electronic Surveillance, Community Service Intake Fee, Substance Abuse Assessment Fee, Sex Offender evaluations, Sex Offender Polygraphs, Sex Offender Group Fee and Transitional Housing rent and fees associated with case transfers.  This list may change due to contractual changes, or development of new programs.

Fees can be paid at either the Hermiston or Pendleton Community Corrections office either in cash or credit/debit card as well they can be mailed in or phoned in using credit/debit cards.

Additionally fees can be paid via this website at the following link:


All offenders on felony supervision are restricted from traveling outside the state of Oregon. This authority is established in Oregon Law, through General Condition #5. As a result all offenders need the written permission of their Probation and Parole Officer to travel outside of Oregon. Failure to obtain permission, prior to leaving the state, is a violation of supervision conditions and could result in a sanction. It is important to plan ahead and request a travel permit several days ahead of when travel is required



If you are being supervised in Umatilla County but move to a different county, it may be possible to have your supervision transferred to the new county of residence. Transferring supervision means less travel time and cost when reporting for appointments. It also means that the Probation and Parole Officer in the county where you reside will be more familiar with local employment, treatment, and other resources you may need. Remember that the conditions of your supervision require you to get prior approval from your supervising officer before changing your residence. There is no guarantee that a transfer will be approved. The probation and parole office in the county to which you are moving will investigate your proposed residence and determine whether it is appropriate. The receiving county must agree before you will be allowed to transfer. You’re Probation and Parole Officer will be able to answer your questions and help you through the process. Be sure to talk to your officer before moving.


Persons under supervision are not allowed to move to another state without the approval of your Probation and Parole Officer and, in many cases, the state to which you wish to move.  Under no circumstances should you move without prior permission; this would be a violation of your supervision conditions. 
All states must abide by the Interstate Compact Agreement.  This is a set of laws that details when, and under what circumstances, a person may transfer supervision to another state.  All felony and some misdemeanor convictions are subject to this agreement.  If it applies to your case, you’re Probation and Parole Officer will assist you with an application.  The receiving state will review the application and investigate your proposed residence to determine if it is appropriate.  It can take a month or longer for a decision, so be sure to plan ahead if you are considering a move.  There is a $100 Community Corrections Fee and a $50 Interstate Compact application fee.


If you are residing in a state other than Oregon and are not currently under supervision, although are in the Court process and will ultimately be placed on supervision, please discuss this with your attorney prior to any Change of Plea hearings or Trial Dates.  Although Community Corrections will work as hard as we can, in order to allow for your return home as quickly as possible, at times a delay of days and even weeks can occur depending on the crime of conviction.  In these particular types of Interstate Compact Requests,  Community Corrections WILL NOT charge the $100.00 Community Corrections Fee, although the State fee of $50.00 is required before Community Corrections can request your transfer.  Make sure when you report, that you have all appropriate identification, proof of residence, address and phone number of your residence and any other documentation that will prove your residence and employment in your home state.  Again, please work on this prior to conviction with your attorney, or call this office for help PRIOR to your conviction date.